Friday, December 7, 2012

My Ways of Procrastination & Lemony Pasta

Studying for finals this week has begun. And it's killing me. All of the various forms of procrastination are happening all at once. The need to sew, craft, cook, bake, pin, facebook, instragram, tumblr, blog! And sadly the list goes on.

In honor of studying I'm posting some of my favorite things from procrastinating this week. And they say you waste it on nothing. :)

How do I put this gently  is a wonderful tumblr for anyone is school. It's not just for us Masters. hah.

What should we call SLP  is a great site if you are immersed into the auh-mazing world of speech language pathology.

A glance at my week of pinning. Follow me ya'll!

Bulletprooffffff! 

These would be a very easy DIY with some thrift store gloves and studs. 


I am in abso-freaking-lutely in love with these leggings. Damn you people who pin from google images! 

At the current moment I am dreaming of being anywhere but here needing to study for the impending doom of finals. Dun dun dun. 

Okay people at Kei Jewelry, I am in love IN LOVE with this necklace and it's my birthstone. That means you're supposed to give it to me, right?! 

One of Martha's DIY's. So Chic. I wish making jewelry didn't scare me so much! 

I call this rainbow on my neck. Apparently the real name ist Bib of many colours. Mine's better. ;) 
As if you needed one more distraction, I present you with this delightful recipe:

Lemony Pasta

Boil 1/2 pound of pasta (I did fettuccine, linguine or capellini would work too) in well salted water.

In a small saucepan zest 3 lemons, juice 2. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil, 2 tablespoons heavy cream, salt, pepper, and 1/2 cup freshly grated parmigiana cheese. If desired add 1-2 teaspoons red pepper flakes.

Bring to a gentle simmer.

Drain pasta reserving the water. Add 1/4 cup of the water to the lemon cheese mixture.

Allow to simmer another minute

Add 1/4 cup of thinly sliced green onions.

Toss with warm pasta. Top pasta with parmigiana cheese if desired.

Bon Appetite!


Whats your favorite way to procrastinate? Do you have a favorite snack when you are studying?



No comments:

Post a Comment